Sunday, May 8, 2011

Groundbreaking Rocks

Today is the one year anniversary of the Groundbreaking of the Kansas City Temple!

Go here for last year's post.

In one year the construction has gone from this...







To this...








The blessings of heaven invoked that day, have poured out upon this holy land.

The morning of the Groundbreaking, I picked up three stones, used to create a path to the top of the hill. I thought it would be a good idea to save these as mementoes of this sacred event for my three daughters, who were not able to attend.



They remind me that the Lord, is my Rock and that the temple is my "high tower and my refuge". 
2 Samuel 22:2-3

It's been since the fall of 2008, that the building of the Kansas City Temple has been chronicled and shared on this humble blog. Today is a blessed day of reflection on the wondrous gifts given to us, especially the privilege and gift of having one of His Holy Houses being built in our midst.

Happy Groundbreaking Anniversary Temple Chasers!  

"When we act in obedience and always remember Him, we are built on the rock of His gospel.  We are blessed as we live His commandments."
Elder David B. Haight of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, "Remembering the Savior's Atonement," Ensign, Apri. 1988, 9.

May we all keep chasing and building upon His Rock.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Tatonkasapa said...

Hi,

I am Jim Deming and live in Portland Oregon, and I so love your blog. Many of us around the world have a great passion to learn and view the progress of the Kansas City Temple. Your blog has been a Godsend for me. I am saving all your photos and so look forward to the dedication. I thank you for sharing the precious moments with the rest of the world. You are performing a great work in our behalf.

Thanks again

Brother James Deming
j_deming@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Bro. Deming! Hopefully you'll come back for the open house?
It is so exciting to witness this temple, as you know!

CAN said...

Hi, the Temple construction is going on turbo mode now. :)

Greetings from Mexico City.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Christian!

Cecilia said...

has there been any mention made for the open house? or dedication?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails