Sunday, December 12, 2010

In the Details

"Heavenly Father, when thy people shall not have the opportunity of entering this holy house to offer their supplications unto thee, and they are oppressed and in trouble, surrounded by difficulties or assailed by temptation, and shall turn their faces towards this thy holy house and ask thee for deliverance, for help, for thy power to be extended in their behalf, we beseech thee to look down rom thy holy habitation in mercy and tender compassion upon them, and listen to their cries."

President Wilford Woodruff, in the dedicatory prayer on the Salt Lake Temple.


Stairwell


View of exterior walls


Kansas City Temple seen from I435


Exquisite detail on exterior


Go see the temple rise.  And as you may not yet enter in....offer your supplications to the Lord.  Your time to enter in is coming.  Be ready Chasers.

I can't believe I am missing out on this.  Thanks to those who take pictures and send them to me.  These were taken by Valerie Anderson.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Brooke Smith said...

Wow!! Very exciting!!!

McAtee Family said...

I am pretty sure that I did not work at an architectural firm for 4 years for nothing (and lots of time with a particular contractor).

I am working every connection I have in the construction world to get up close and personal to the construction with my camera. You know who will be the first to know if I succeed.

Unknown said...

If anyone can do it, you can Melissa!

Ginger said...

Thanks for coming to my blog! I love that you are documenting the building of the Kansas City Temple. The temple in the picture on my blog is of the Snowflake, AZ Temple.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails