Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moulded from Clay

I visited the temple lot on Friday, and much to my disappointment the army of machines were at a stand still. Not much progression on the development has been made in recent weeks. It could be that some of the smaller details, less conspicuous, are being worked on. However, it is obvious how much work is made from just digging in the infamous clay of Clay County. Much to my surprise, Clay County is not named for it's soil, but rather for Congressman Henry Clay. It seems to be a fitting name for this area.


The most exciting thing I found however, was this Architectural Rendering of the Proposed Design of the Kansas City Temple.
Why can't this information just be shared with all Temple Chasers???!!
Isn't it amazing??!! I am so excited!
I've also heard, as the rumors fly, that a groundbreaking date has not been set, but it is to be in April. Clear your calendars. That will be an event not to be missed. Shall we start designing "Temple Chaser" t-shirts. Oh, I think so.
Let the moulding of clay begin!!

11 comments:

Kiera said...

I have the month of April free! I am so excited! The design is amazing!!!

Phogles said...

wonderful! I'm so excited!

Stephanie said...

That is beautiful! And what great news. Can't wait for the work to begin!!! Keep on chasing this great work.

Brenda said...

It makes sense to wait until the ground is not so cold. Thank you for the updates! Looking forward to having a temple close by.

The Martineaus said...

Beautiful architectural rendering. So exciting!!!

Dennis and Cherise said...

Oh how I wish it was May, that is when we are going to be home. Oh well! I'll just drive by when we are home

Kelli said...

Is this an official rendering then? I know that our stake presidency has not received any official word about the design from church headquarters. Just lots of well meaning members who claim insider information, each with their own picture. Lots of rumors going around the stake!!!

Kelli said...

The picture that was formerly posted at LDS Church temples.com has been removed after it was determined that it did not come from an official church source.

Unknown said...

I don't know if it's an official rendering. I know a member of my ward saw this picture in a meeting he was at last fall where the temple was discussed.
It might not be an actual picture. I would be curious who said it was and where they got it then.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

I love the idea of temple chaser t-shirts! This is a gorgeous idea for a temple. I can't wait to see the official design.

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Thank you so much for your attention to this! Before today I had no idea they had even started building!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails