Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blog worthy news

I love that the church public affairs department has put together a blog!
I'm looking forward to receiving current info this way. As always, I will continue to strive to keep up to date on our temple.

Speaking of which...news from LDSchurchtemples.com:

This morning the City Plan Commission met to approve a final plat,
named The Meadows at Searcy Creek, on about 28.8 acres generally
located at the northwest corner of NE Pleasant Valley Road and I-435
in District R-5 and R-1a to allow the creation of 25 lots.

District R-5, a district for high apartments, was recently established
at this location to allow for the height of the Kansas City Missouri
Temple and an adjoining meetinghouse. District R-1a is a district for
one-family dwellings.

Submission of a final plat is one of the conditions set forth in the
preliminary Community Unit Project recently passed by the City Council
for the entire 56-acre development where the temple will be located.
Some site preparations are already underway.

Although no date has been announced for the groundbreaking of the
temple, it is anticipated to occur in the spring of 2010.

Warm regards,

Rick Satterfield
LDSChurchTemples.com

You better believe I'll be checking on the "site preparations" very soon. One thing I noticed awhile back was that there are large power lines that cross directly over the center of the property that will need to be moved or buried. I'm assuming that will happen soon then later. We shall see! Still looking out for more blog worthy news!

1 comment:

Here at home said...

Man, why is it taking sooo long? It's making me anxious and I don't even live in that area. That is great, though, that things are moving along finally.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails